# 1 -
Posted on 12/21/2015 16:02:15
Anyone else going to try and squeeze in a few more games before the end of the year? Here's what I'm going to try and knock out:
- Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (Just about done with this one, way shorter than I thought)
- POD Speedzone (Finished the first half of races, pretty barebones game overall without online multiplayer, won't finish it if it keeps frustrating me with stupid rubber band AI)
- Goldeneye 007 (I've finished this game so many times, but I started it again earlier this year and I just need to finish my playthrough)
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends (About 5 hours in so far and it's really good, we'll see if I can stick with it)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (This one has a ton of content and I want to do it all haha, very good game so far though)
- Mega Man 3 (Just moving on to the next one in the series)
- Drakan: The Ancients' Gate (Played through about 80% of it earlier this year until life happened, need to finish it)
- Skylanders: Giants (Same as Drakan, plus I need to get some use out of those silly toys :P)
- Disruptor (And another game I started and life got in the way...)
- God of War III: Remastered (Finally gonna wrap up the original trilogy)
- Battalion Wars 2 (This was on my list this time last year, maybe I can actually play it this time)
- Ghen War (After all these years, I still haven't tried this game...gonna at least turn it on, probably won't finish it)
- Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend (I don't know why, I just kinda want to play this game. Might stick around for the Story Mode, not sure)
- Sega Touring Car Championship (This will probably last about 5 minutes when I realize I still suck at this game)
- TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat (Surprisingly fun arcade racer, haven't played on all of the tracks yet)
- Immercenary (Picked this up recently, looks very unique and can give my 3DO some love!)
- Time Stalkers (Okay, probably won't touch this one, but it's a goal! I've always been intrigued by this game, despite the bad reviews. I would like to at least load it up.)
- Demon Gaze (Sampled this one a while back when I got my PS TV and it was very promising. This might be my next RPG, I really want to play a dungeon crawler.)
- Sigma Star Saga (Or maybe this will be my next RPG, seems very cool)
That doesn't even count the crap I might buy / play on Steam (well, except Mega Man 3) for the sale or bounties here on the site. In hindsight, I should've split this list into "games I'm gonna actually finish", "games I'm gonna at least load up, but won't finish" and "games I might start playing sometime soon"...oh well.
And just to clarify, I do not expect to cover even 25% of this list haha, this is all just wishful thinking...
So what do you have queued up?
Post Edited on 12/21/2015 16:04:39
# 2 -
Posted on 12/21/2015 17:05:46
Now that I've got a bit more free time after a messy spell of being very busy with life, I can get back to working on Backlog Mountain.
My gaming goals for closing out 2015:
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLCs Already finished the base game and got a platinum, but there's some DLC content to wrap up and a few items to farm for for completionist's sake.
- Godzilla The game that's so bad it's good. It's verrrrry grindy though and repetitive, so we'll see if I can't bang this out before the new year, or if it'll turn into a long-term project to chip away at.
- Quake + Addons Late addition to my list and with the bounty, a good incentive for it!
- Fallout 4 At least one playthrough complete before the end of 2015. Given my rate of progression and penchant for base building and being a flighty tourist in that game, I have my doubts.
- Various PS+ freebies Been working on this a lot of late. Clearing out the ps+ games I'd installed over the months to free up some HDD space. My latest target is Doki Doki Universe.
# 3 -
Posted on 12/21/2015 20:37:00
I finished Doki Doki Universe a while back. Not a bad game but I would have never paid for it.
# 4 -
Posted on 12/22/2015 3:48:09
I made some progress tonight and completed two games!
- Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus - This was a very solid Ratchet game, but I'm a big fan of the series, so take that for what it's worth :P It was really short and if I didn't have so much on my list, I'd play it again in Challenge Mode. Might come back to it at some point, I love upgrading the weapons in these games.
- POD: Speedzone - This was a surprisingly fun game. The load times were kinda weak, but the game ran really smooth during races. I hadn't played a POD game before, so I don't know how well it compares to the older ones, but I had a lot of fun with this one. It was clearly made for online multiplayer and in fact, some of the cars / tracks aren't even playable offline!! What were they thinking with that!?! I was really struggling with the last couple of tracks and then I realized I had a boost button. Made a pretty big difference and in fact, I used it to pass two opponents at the very last second on the final track. So yeah, if you ever play this game, remember to hit the "A" button.
Additionally, I played a couple of Saturn games:
- Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend - I made it to the last opponent in Story Mode and he was ridiculous. I mean, he was pulling off trick shots where the ball would turn 90 degrees out of nowhere at the exact moment he wanted. Game. Set. Match. I used up all of my continues and almost had him one time, but alas, I failed. I might try it again, it was a pretty fun game. It reminded me a lot of Yahoo! Pool from back in the day.
- Sega Touring Car Championship - Yup, I'm still really bad at this game. I don't know why I keep trying to play it. It's not really that good anyways, especially compared to Sega Rally and Daytona USA.
# 5 -
Posted on 12/22/2015 4:28:01
Tales from the Borderlands: A TellTale Game Series - Done
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Game of Thrones: A TellTale Game Series
Jurassic Park: The Game - A TellTale Game Series
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Neighbors from Hell 2: On Vacation
Post Edited on 12/24/2015 6:57:40
# 6 -
Posted on 12/22/2015 5:39:41
Murdered Soul Suspect was a game I enjoyed despite it feeling half-baked. I really wish they'd been just a bit more talented and pulled off a better game, because the premise was really cool.
# 7 -
Posted on 12/22/2015 14:15:40
Chronicles of Mystara might be showing up on the home page soon...
Also, I'm probably going to be adding some "mini" bounties (i.e. games that are super short) during the Steam sale because...I don't know. I thought they might be fun when we're in between our other priority games :)
Post Edited on 12/22/2015 14:31:46
# 8 -
Posted on 12/24/2015 7:11:08
I just looked at the description of Mystara and just realized it's a compilation of two games. Should it be classified as a compilation on here?
# 9 -
Posted on 12/24/2015 13:24:40
I noticed that the other day and yeah, I think it should be a compilation. I'm not sure how I missed that initially since it's the exact same thing as Dungeons & Dragons Collection on Saturn, which I owned long before Chronicles of Mystara (which I purchased Day 1). It will require me to write a script to fix the data, so I'll try to do that today...no promises though :P Once I do that, a bounty draws near...
# 10 -
Posted on 12/24/2015 17:09:17
FYI, Chronicles of Mystara should be fixed. Let me know if you see anything weird.
# 11 -
Posted on 12/25/2015 3:21:29
# 12 -
Posted on 2/4/2018 0:32:49
Rodea the Sky Soldier, still need to get around completing it.